AADHAAR card Application form is absolutely free. There are no charges for the AADHAAR card form. You can get the AADHAAR card form at the center itself, or you may download the AADHAAR card form online. You may download the AADHAAR card form by clicking on the link below.
Although you can get the AADHAAR card form at the center as well, you may download and fill the AADHAAR card form beforehand to save time at the center. To download AADHAAR card form online, click here. If you want AADHAAR card form in your local language, select appropriate option from the top menu under “Form”.
AADHAAR card enrollment is free and voluntary for the residents of India. Correction within 96 hours of enrollment is also free.
What is AADHAAR?
The Unique Identification Authority has started issuing AADHAAR to all the residents of India (including migrants), on behalf of Government of India. It is an auto-generated random number, without any classification based on caste, creed, religion or geography. It is a 12 digits unique identification number, which will be unique to an individual and remains valid for life. An individual can get only one unique identification number and it will remain fixed for life. AADHAAR will serve as a proof of identity and address, across India.
Who can apply?
There are no restrictions of age or gender. Any individual, including infants, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enroll for AADHAAR.
What are the fees?
There are no fees. AADHAAR is issued free of cost to the residents of India. An individual needs to enroll for the AADHAAR only once.
Is it compulsory?
Enrolling for AADHAAR is not compulsory. However agencies and service providers may choose to use AADHAAR in their system, in which case you may be required to get the AADHAAR to use their services.
What are the benefits?
- AADHAAR will be used as identification proof for services like banking, ration card, passport, mobile phone connections, etc.
- Service providers will no longer have to repeatedly perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks.
- AADHAAR will be easily verified online in a cost-effective way.
- Residents will be enrolled with proper verification of their demographic and biometric information. This will help eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases.
- AADHAAR will give migrants mobility of identity.
- AADHAAR will facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system and the opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector